Leatherface


Micron Drawing
8.5" x 11"


Keeping with the theme of horror I decided to point my attention to Leatherface from a Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

This movie left me slightly traumatized as a sixth grader. My aunt told me that the film was based on real events and that she herself remembered hearing about what had happened to those teenagers. She claimed to be terrified of traveling cross country because of the macabre of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

It wasn't until I saw Psycho and Silence of the Lambs that I began to see similarities and began to grow a curiosity for the story of Leatherface. A high school friend owned a book that catalogue America's serial killers, and there I found Ed Gein. The man who inspired the three films mentioned above. His tale was slightly more tame in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment